Call for Civic Techies and media innovators in Africa to showcase your innovations at a continental platform!
Are you an African innovator using technology for good?
This year’s theme: Why “DIY Africa”?
In the 2021 CTIF / Jamfest we invite African civic tech and media innovators and stakeholders to connect around the ways in which digital innovators, innovations, initiatives and their support structures are playing out across our continent in the spaces of journalism, media, civic activism and public services, particularly in this pandemic era. We are interested in African DIY democracy – how we are co-creating meaning, identity and solutions in and for Africa.
Civic Tech Innovators:
For the showcase, we are inviting civic tech innovators who have something exciting to share with the community, this may include the following innovations:
- Impact Stories – practical experiences, results and lessons learned
- Newbies – Starting out stories by innovators
- Cutting edge – new methods / tools / techniques, experimental projects, etc.
- DIY Africa – Examples of where people are creatively solving their own problems through data / digital innovation around Africa
- Ecosystem supports and enablers – Toolkits, training, services, etc. that are enabling civic tech
For the showcase, we are inviting media innovators who have new content styles and approaches, and great media and journalism innovations. Jamfest aims to track trends in information flows and digital public space therefore the following are potential focus areas to guide applicants:
- Media sustainability & new business models
- Innovation & Innovators
- Tools for journalists and journalism
- Audience engagement
- AI/Machine learning
Deadline for exhibition proposals: 17 August 2021
Notification of acceptance: 19 August 2021
Booths should be ready by 5 September
SUBMISSION: Please complete the form below or complete it here
Enquiries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions – Basic requirements for Exhibitors:
By applying to host an Exhibition booth, you would be committing that you will be:
- Able to populate their booth with enough appropriate materials
- Willing to display for 1 week, and possibly to maintain beyond
- Availability to host/tend to the booth for the week – i.e. respond to enquiries
- Able to provide publicity and promotion information and support to the Communications team (e.g. images, interviews, etc.)
- Be available to present a session / participate once or twice in the scheduled daily Exhibition “Hangout hour” during Forum week
- Respond to / take meetings with interested exhibition visitors
- Help promote the Exhibition through your networks, including inviting visitors to your Booth