This event is for all people who are interested in how new technologies could enable better services and relationships between government and citizens.
We invite you to come and be a part of this exciting community event! We invite the civic tech community, government and non-governmental including techies, activists, current and potential civic tech users, students and the digital media community to join us at the Civic Tech Innovation Forum on the 18–20th of March.
CTIN annual conferences are intended to enable network members to engage face to face, learn about innovations, tools and techniques, share experiences and meet potential collaborators. They present an opportunity to gain an overview of what is going on in the sector in South Africa, Africa and the world. They also provide an opportunity for CTIN to consult with network members to inform the design of future activities.
This March, the Civic Tech Innovation Network hosts its third annual national convening. The Forum aims to extend its unique convening of South Africa’s emerging civic tech community with the broader potential civic tech user and interest community, both governmental and non-governmental, for the purpose of sharing, learning, inspiration and overall capacity building.
You can expect a dynamic 2-day programme which will include:
- Pre-conference Training: Civic tech and digital media innovation masterclasses
- Inspiring keynote addresses, local and international speakers
- World Cafe Exhibition: “show and tell” by some of the most exciting contemporary civic tech initiatives in South Africa and Africa
- Engaging co-design workshop on key themes, including participant-directed themes for “learning by doing”
- Exciting and creative networking opportunities and social activities
- And more informative launches, sessions and features
18–20 March 2020 |Tshimologong Digital Innovation Precinct | Braamfontein, Johannesburg
Keep watch on the website more announcements to follow. Registrations to open soon.