Associated case studies:
Faith Mwangi Powell
Project owner/Host organisation:
Girls Not Brides Secretariat
Host organisation type:
Host organisation country/countries:
Africa (not specified)
Girls Not Brides
Post Status: Active
Initiative recipient country/countries: Africa (not specified)
Initiative dates: 2011 –
Last updated: 8 March 2022
Girls Not Brides is a global partnership of more than 1500 civil society organisations committed to ending child marriage and enabling girls to fulfil their potential.
We know that we are more effective when we work together, and believe that – as a Partnership – we will foster real change in girls’ lives.
Together, we will
- Collaborate to prevent child marriage and support girls who are – or have ever been – married.
- Amplify the voices of girls at risk of child marriage and defend girls’ rights to health, education and the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
- Enhance and strengthen efforts to end child marriage at every level.
- Raise awareness of the harmful impact of child marriage by encouraging open, inclusive and informed discussion at the community, local, national and international level.
- Facilitate learning and coordination between organisations working to end child marriage.
- Mobilise all necessary policy, financial and other support to end child marriage.