- This event has passed.
Masterclass 8: Incorporating User Research into Civic Tech Projects: Building technology for Impact (OpenUp)
October 16 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Format: Parallel Bootcamps/Masterclass Training
This two-hour masterclass will explore the important role of user research in civic tech projects. We will discuss the significance of user-centred design, examine real-world challenges faced by civic tech practitioners, and equip you with the knowledge and tools to effectively incorporate user research into your projects. Through engaging discussions and hands-on activities, you will gain the skills needed to enhance the impact and success of your civic tech initiatives.
- Understand the importance of user research in civic tech projects.
- Identify the target audience for civic tech projects.
- Learn about different user research methods and tools.
- Choose the best research methodologies for different civic tech projects.
- Discuss common challenges in implementing user research and best practices.
- Apply user research techniques to a real-world case study.
- Provide key takeaways and resources to apply user research principles to participants’ own projects.