CTIN opened a call for civic tech around the country to apply for the Peer-Learning Events grant which set out to encourage civic tech organisations in South Africa to host an event aimed at the civic tech community in their locality. The intention of the sponsorship was to have about a dozen Peer-Learning Events around the country in 2019. These local or regional events were to enable more direct, peer-to-peer engagement for learning, exchange, support and more sustained interaction.
Peer Learning Grantees
- Hack for Human Rights: Blog: Hack for Human Rights’ anti-hackathon
- SACN Joburg & Cape Town: Blog: Creating awareness of municipal financial data in South Africa
- Maker Station or Codebridge Newlands Cape Town: Blog: Producing open data on the air quality in Cape Town
- 1-to-1: Blog: There’s no such thing as a Community Centre
- Open Data Durban/Open Cities Lab: Blog: Teaching students the value of active citizenry, human-centered design, and civic tech
- HSRC: Blog: How is open data beneficial to citizens?